If you want buyers to be interested in your home in Castaway Cove, Vero Beach, you need to make a positive first impression. A good first impression influences a buyer both emotionally and visually, thus prompting them to make an offer. In addition, what the buyer first sees determines the price they will make in an offer. If the home needs a lot of repairs and maintenance, this will be reflected in their offer.
Furthermore, a bad first impression can dissuade a potential buyer. Don’t list your property until it’s all fixed up. You do not want to give buyers the chance to use maintenance issues as an excuse to low ball the sales price.
As top real estate agents in Vero Beach, The Sandy Team at Castaway Cove Real Estate gives their sellers solid advice on what needs to be done prior to listing their homes. We can recommend plant selections, color selections, and maintenance required to get your home in tip-top shape, so it will sell quickly! And selling quickly will make the home selling process easier for everyone and assure you receive top dollar.
Castaway Cove Real Estate recommends you do the following:
- Landscaping – Has the front yard been maintained? Are areas of the house visible to the street in good condition? Because Castaway Cove is located in Vero Beach, Florida, buyers will expect beautiful, tropical landscaping. This includes a variety of fresh plants and flowers that grow well here. During any month of the year, the temperature at Vero Beach can reach into the 80s Fahrenheit. In summer, about one-third of the days have highs in the 90s F. Even in winter, the temperature at Vero Beach often remains above 50 °F overnight. Only ten nights a year on average drop to 40 °F or below. In addition to fresh plants, laying new mulch, removing weeds, and placing potted flowers by the front door will give your home at Castaway Cove the tropical beach feel buyers are seeking.
- Cleaning the driveway, patio and walkways – Is your driveway cluttered with toys, tools, trash etc.? Castaway Cove in Vero Beach, Florida gets an average of 55 inches of rain per year. This makes pressure washing driveways, patios, and walkways to remove mold and mildew important for making a positive first impression.
- Painting – Does both the exterior and the interior look like they have been well taken care of? Castaway Cove is located directly on the ocean in Vero Beach, Florida. The sun and salt can be harsh on paint. When selling your home, a new coat of paint will give buyers a positive impression. This also applies to walls and ceilings where any water leaks may have occurred. Removing mold and stains and following up with a fresh coat of paint will eliminate buyers’ worries.
- Flooring – Does the carpet have stains? Or does the carpet look old and dirty? Of course, cleaning or even replacing your flooring will make a positive first impression on buyers. Sellers should consider steam cleaning carpets and grout prior to listing their homes.
- Remove Clutter – Prior to listing your home with Castaway Cove Real Estate, we recommend you remove the clutter and organize your cabinets, closets, and garage. While this may seem like a lot of work, it will actually help you tremendously when it is time to move. You will not only have made your home neat and orderly for potential buyers, but you will also streamline the packing process which can be stressful during a move.
- Service your a/c and clean appliances – Once your home is under contract with The Sandy Team, we will schedule an inspection for the buyers. To obtain a more positive inspection report, it is important to make sure all your appliances, a/c units, and hot water heaters are in working condition. Once again, a bad report could give buyers an excuse to try to reduce their asking price if repairs are necessary.
While this may seem like a lot of work, the effort is well worth the physical and financial investment. A clean, well-manicured home will receive thousands of more dollars than a home that shows neglect.